Wednesday, May 4, 2011


SAVAGES
Don Winslow


Dope is supposed to be bad, but in a bad world it's good, if you catch the reverse moral polarity of it. Chon refers to drugs as a "rational response to insanity," and his chronic use of the chronic is a chronic response to chronic insanity.
__________

Elena knows that love makes you strong
And love makes you weak.
Love makes you vulnerable.
So if you have enemies
Take what they love.
__________

Chon: "In my world, there's only he do or he don't ism because when it comes down to a man getting it done, either he do, or he don't."

___________
"I've accepted Christ as my personal savior."
"--it didn't turn out that well for the guy. You know, the crucifixion thing and stuff."

______________

"Are you going somewhere?"
"I'm thinking France."
"What's in France?"
"I dunno, French stuff. The French."
___________

An electronically altered voice says, "Let me speak with Mr. Let's Cut the Shit."
"I'm here."
"Let's cut the shit, shall we?...."
"No problem.
"Really? Because it was a problem before."
"It's not now."
"Good. Now let me speak to Mr. Fuck You."

___________________________

No comments: