Wednesday, May 18, 2011

STEPHEN ADLY GUIRGIS
Jesus Hopped the A Train


ROOFTOP:
I useta go home and have nightmares 'bout gettin' stuck up inside a whale--my pops useta beat my ass wit' a slipper talkin' about "Ain't no whales in Harlem, fool, go back to sleep, this is a workin' family!"
_________

ROOFTOP:
The real question here ain't "Do I think I'm more important?" The actual fuckin' question is, "Do YOU think I'm important ENOUGH?"

____________

MARY JANE:
...I sat Angel down and informed him that the D.A. had filed for first-degree felony murder and that the charge carried a mandatory sentence of "Life without the Possibility." And Angel looked at me, and said, "Without the possibility of what?"

_________

MARY JANE:
What's God's plan for you?

ANGEL:
Chicken wings and beer.
_____________________________________

No comments: